This document outlines the areas of myhrtoolkit where a normal user can perform actions or make changes.
The first thing a user sees after logging in is their messageboard. Here they will find messages from colleagues and system notifications, receive documents, and respond to other items. The messageboard is a frequently a user’s main interaction with myhrtoolkit.
If the user is also a manager, they will also have a management version of the messageboard.
Within the ‘Settings’ section, a user can reset their password and alter their security question.
If the user is also a manager, they can specify various settings regarding the weekly emails they receive.
‘my file’ allows access for a user to update contact details, home address, emergency contact, etc.
Note – depending on how your myhrtoolkit is set up, various notifications may be sent out when, for instance, a home address is updated, so that relevant parties are alerted to the changes.
A normal user is able to request holiday from their manager.
They can also submit to to withdraw a holiday request should the need arise.
Further details about holidays can be found here.
Sickness absence can be reported by a user on their return to work.
If their manager has marked them as absent, they will update that absence record; if not a new absence record will be created.
Further details about absence can be found here.
A normal user is able to use the full functionality of the comms subsystem.
- Send work related messages to other employees within the organisation using the messager;
- Upload and send single documents within the organisation.
Further details about the Comms functions can be found here.
Within the training subsystem, a user can add training records to reflect the training they have received, and request new training from their manager.
Further details about the training can be found here.
Whilst the appraisals functionality within myhrtoolkit is overseen by managers, a user has the opportunity to download any pro forma documents made available to then in advance of an appraisal. After the event, they can upload response documents or add notes against the appraisal which will also be available to their manager/ appraiser.
myhrtoolkit has a variety of other functions available for the user –
- The document library is a repository for company documentation, from handbooks and manuals, to CVs and miscellaneous materials. A user is free to download any document that has been issued to them. With some document types, the user’s first download is recorded; with some they will be required to click a link to confirm they have read and understood the document.
- If a manager has delegated tasks to a user, it will show up in the user’s my tasks section. Further information about using tasks can be found here.
- Whilst it is hoped that the functionality is rarely used, the disciplinary record is a place where warnings are registered. Warnings have expiry times on them, after which they can be safely archived and deleted from the system.
- A user can review their expected hours to be worked in a normal week. This is not an interactive section of the toolkit, but if the hours shown do not seem right, the user should notify their manager.
- The employee directory is provided to help users find contact details for colleagues within their organisation. The level of detail shown is set by the toolkit’s controller.