Sending internal memos and documents with myhrtoolkit
myhrtoolkit provides a mechanism for sending messages and documents internally within your company. The employee side of it can be found on the ‘myhome’ dashboard under comms (there is a support document here).
Users with a management role have additional functionality, including the ability to send and track documents, which is accessed via the management dashboard.
The messaging facility is documented in the Employee guide; this guide will focus on the document messaging functionality.
The ‘doc messager’ allows documents to be shared with colleagues outside of the Document Library facility. This is useful for documents which aren’t necessarily employment or HR related. It has a benefit over other methods of disseminating documents in that it gives visibility of when they were opened by the recipients.
How Do I..
- Send a document message?
- See who has opened my document message?
- Add additional recipients to a document message?
- Remove a document message?
- Reinstate an archived message?
- Permanently delete a message?
- How do I send a document message?To upload a new document to send, follow the ‘Upload new document’ link.
When the document has been uploaded, it will appear in the list of documents, and show that it has not been sent.
Following the ‘Select recipients’ link will allow you to choose to whom the document will be sent. Tick the employees who will receive the file, or use the selection tools.
The page contains additional options which allow you to control how the document is presented to recipients. You can choose whether the message which appears on the recipient’s message board is sent in the notification email, if this is not included the email will just be a note to say that the employee has been sent a document.
You can opt not to tell the selected recipients that the document has been uploaded using the radio group on the left.
On submitting the page, you will be shown a confirmation page.
Your colleagues will find the document in their ‘‘ page on their myhome dashboard.
- How do I see who has opened my document message?To see who has opened the document, navigate to the ‘ ‘ page of the document in question. The employee’s activity will be clearly visible, detailing whether or not they have opened the document, when and whether they clicked the ‘ ‘ button.
- How do I add additional recipients to a document message?Once a document message has been sent, it is possible to widen its distribution (e.g. if there are new users who need to see the document). Navigate to the ‘ ‘ page of the document in question. Select the additional recipients either by clicking the tick-boxes, or using the selection tools. As before, there are options relating to how these new recipients are notified (if at all) about the existing document.
- How do I remove a document message?Documents can be removed from view by archiving them. From the ‘ ‘ page, follow the ‘ ‘ link to the right of the document you wish to remove.
- How do I reinstate an archived message?If you need to recover a document from the archive, navigate to the comms icon on your ‘ ‘ dashboard, then click the ‘ ‘ link on the right of the page.
Follow the ‘‘ link, and you will need to confirm you action.
- How do I permanently delete a message?If you choose to completely delete an archived file, this can be done from the doc messager facility in the management toolbar. Follow the ‘ ‘ link. Clicking the ‘ ‘ link will ask for the action to be confirmed. Once deleted, all data collected will be permanently erased from your myhrtoolkit installation.