Add your calendar to Outlook or Google calendar
- This article follows on from an overview of calendar integration, which can be found here.
- You will need to wait around 15-20 minutes before the generated link becomes active. If you try to use the link before this, you will be taken to an error page.
Using the calendar-related email sent to you by myhrtoolkit, highlight the link sent (do not include any spaces) and copy (usually right click and copy). This link can then be pasted into your calendar system. Below, we cover setting up your calendar in recent versions of Outlook and Google Calendar:
In Microsoft Outlook 2007, click on themenu.
Click on thetab.
Click on thebutton.
Paste the link that you copied from the email into the text box displayed and click on thebutton.
You do not need to change any settings in the “Subscription options” screen. Click on the OK button to complete calendar integration setup.
If you receive an error, try again but make sure that there are no spaces at the end of the link that you’ve pasted and make sure that you haven’t missed any characters off the end of the link. If it still doesn’t work, generate a new link from> > and try again. If it doesn’t work then, ask your system controller for support.
If everything went smoothly, you will now see your new calendar in the list of Outlook calendars. Activate the new calendar by putting a tick next to your calendar that starts myhrtoolkit.
Now that you are finished, don’t forget to properly delete the email containing the calendar integration link. If you ever need it again, you can request it from> > .
Open up Microsoft Outlook and click on the calendar button at the bottom right hand side of the screen:
In the ‘Home’ tab, find Open Calendar on the ribbon and click “From Internet…”
Paste the link that was sent to you via email, then click on OK to add the calendar.
If you receive an error, try again but make sure that there are no spaces at the end of the link that you’ve pasted and make sure that you haven’t missed any characters off the end of the link. It’s also possible that you’re using an old link so make sure that you’re using the newest version.
When you get a popup asking you to confirm that you want to subscribe to the calendar, click “Yes” to add myhrtoolkit calendar to your calendars.
Activate your calendar by putting a tick next to the myhrtoolkit calendar. From now on, whenever the holidays in myhrtoolkit change, this calendar should change automatically.
Now make sure that you have properly deleted the email that had your calendar link in it. If you ever need it again, you can request it from> > .
- Click on Calendar or the Calendar icon at the bottom left.
- Right click on My Calendars, hover over Add calendar and select From Internet.
- Paste the link that was sent to you via email and then click on OK to add the calendar.
- You should be able to see the new calendar listed among your other calendars.
- Copy the calendar integration link in the email received from myhrtoolkit.
- Click on the menu at the top.
- Right click on
- Paste the calendar integration link inside the Internet calendar textbox, and click open
Copy the calendar integration URL in the email received from myhrtoolkit. Any easy way to copy the URL is to right click on the link, then click on.
In the menu at the top click onto view your calendars.
Find and right click on.
Paste the calendar integration link into thetextbox. You can use the mouse or press CTRL+V in Windows to paste.
Your calendar is listed at the bottom.
You can right click on the name of the calendar to rename it to something more meaningful. This one has been renamed to “myhrtoolkit calendar”.