You can create a new calendar in Outlook or Google Calendars which will automatically “sync” with your holiday chart within myhrtoolkit. This means you can check holiday dates from the calendar program in your email client. The controller in your organisation will need to enable calendar integration first before anyone else can use it.
Ordinary users can skip the section on Activating calendar integration since this applies to controllers only. There are detailed instructions here on how to configure calendar integration in Outlook and Google Calendar.
When calendar integration is activated, employees will be sent an email that contains a web link required to configure calendar integration. The same email has another link for instructions on what to do next.
No. Employees will only see the people they can already see in the Toolkit’s holiday chart.
Controllers can change what employees can see by going to> .
In> , you will notice that there are settings to change what managers can see too. These settings only affect managers when viewing holiday/attendance chart within the Toolkit.
The integrated calendar for managers will follow the rules set for standard employees.
Employees need to generate their calendar links by clicking on the link that says.
If you have deleted the message from your message board you can also click on the “” link in > > .
After clicking on “” you will be sent an email with a link that you need to configure your calendar in Microsoft Outlook or Google Calendar.
Not received an email
- Check your spam to see if it has gone into there. If the email has gone into spam, ensure that you mark myhrtoolkit as a “safe sender” of emails in the spam options. This should stop any further emails going into spam.
- Check with your myhrtoolkit controller to ensure that they have your correct email address in the > .
- If you still don’t receive an email, go to > > and request your link to be emailed again.
- If you still don’t receive an email, ask your myhrtoolkit system controller to contact support.
Highlight the link sent to your email (do not include any spaces) and copy (usually right click and copy). You will need to paste this link into your calendar system.
- You will need to wait around 15-20 minutes before the generated link becomes active. If you try to use the link before this, you will be taken to an error page.
- There is a guide covering adding your calendar to common calendar applications (e.g. Outlook, Google) here.