Using the Data Import facility, you can import data you already have into the system.
Elements in this guide marked with an ‘*’ require the entry of system generated codes before uploading. These are Locations, Departments and Job Titles and must be set up on the system prior to upload. If you are doing initial preparations on the sheet, just enter the actual names in the relevant fields. When you come to upload the sheet you will need to replace these with the relevant codes.
The Fields that can be uploaded are as below, with corresponding columns:
|Email address (work)||E|
|Address line 1||H|
|Address line 2||I|
|Address line 3||J|
|Address line 4||K|
|* Job title||N|
|Full time pay||S|
|Date of pay deal||T|
|Telephone 1 (Work)||X|
|Telephone 2 (Home)||Z|
Please note that the mandatory fields are: First name, Surname, and Start date. You are not required to add information to the other fields if you prefer not to.
- Cut and paste your data into the spreadsheet. You can leave columns empty, which is fine, but you cannot add or delete columns or change the headings.Please do not add any data to the column A (User ID)
- * Enter the values for your employees job titles in column ‘N’.
- Enter the following letter (M or F) for the gender (in column ‘Q’) of your employees:
- Please enter the following values for the titles (in column ‘R’) of your employees:
- Please enter the following values for the marital status (in column S) of your employees:
- Input the employees’ full time pay in column ‘T’. For part time workers please enter their full-time equivalent pay. Please enter the date of the pay deal in column ‘U’ (in the format dd/mm/yyyy).
- * Please enter the values for your employees’ locations in column ‘V’
- * Please enter the values for your employees’ departments in column ‘W’
- Make sure all dates are in the format dd/mm/yyyy. You must use exactly this format, with slashes, and all ‘years’ must have four digits (so don’t put ’15/01/17′, it needs to say ’15/01/2017′)
- Save the spreadsheet in ‘CSV’ format. To do this, when you save the document you need to select ‘save as’ and then use the ‘save as type’ pull-down selector to choose CSV. It might also say ‘comma delimited’
- Having saved the spreadsheet on your computer, click on the ‘Browse’ button to select the spreadsheet and then click on ‘Upload employee file’ and follow the instructions.