If you have a myhrtoolkit account and you cannot login because you have forgotten your password, you can follow this guide to reset your password.
You will need to provide your username and registered email address. Without them, you cannot reset your password yourself. Only a Controller (system administrator) in your organisation will be able to do it for you.
Note – Staff at myhrtoolkit are unable to reset user passwords, only controllers can.
- Go to the login screen, https://app.myhrtoolkit.com/user_portal
- Click on the "I've forgotten my password" link.
- Enter your username and email address, then click the Submit button. If either the username or email address is incorrect, you will see an error message. Click on the Back button to try again.
- When the details are correct, you will be asked to answer some security questions such as date of birth or any other custom questions that you would have set yourself. Seek help from your controller if you fail to get past this stage.
- You will be sent an email (to your System email address) with a password reset link. For security reasons, the link in the email will expire after one hour. If there are problems receiving the email, you may want to check your spam folder first before generating another link.
- Depending on the settings in your email client, the link is sometimes active so that you can click on it directly. If the link is not active, you will need to copy and paste it into your browser.
Note – Trying to use an expired link will generate an error. You will need to generate another by starting again from the beginning.
- When successful, you will be asked you to change your password from the temporary one generated to something more memorable. You will need to first confirm your username to reveal the password entry section. When ready, click Submit.
Note – If "Security Questions" have been enabled on your system, and you cannot remember the answer to the question given, you can request that a Controller resets the questions. You will be asked for new answers when next logging in. If you forget both password and security questions, a controller can perform a full reset of both. See this page for more details.