When employee is absent due to sickness, it can be recorded in myhrtoolkit in one of two ways:
- by an employee on their return to work – see here
- by a manager marking an employee sickness absent using here – see
- by a manager entering the sickness absence dates in here; or using ‘ ‘ in – see here > – see
Employee Returning to Work
When an employee returns to work there are, again, three ways in which the system can be updated to reflect this:
- as noted above, by the employee on their return to work – see here
- the employee can provide a last date of absence for when a manager has entered a sickness absence start date using Employee Files – see here
- by a manager entering a sickness absence end date in >
This document is concerned with the last of these.
Note –has a link. This is only for entering complete absences, and is not sensitive to an employee currently being marked as sickness absent, and should not be used to close an open sickness record.
Return to work process
When an employee returns to work from a period of sickness absence, and the absence was noted by a manager via the> , the absence should be marked as complete by visiting > > and clicking the link.
Enter the final day of sickness (which will probably not be the same as the date of the employee returning to work), and the number of days sickness taken.
Note – The number of days sickness taken is not automatically calculated, as other factors such as holiday, weekends, shift patterns, etc. may need to be taken into account.
Any contractual sick pay details can be updated as required, further information about that can be found here.
If there are any supporting documents to register against the sickness, or if your organisation has pro forma documents to be completed, click thelink.
Documents and notes can be added and viewed easily by both managers and the relevant employee. If a back to work template/pro forma has been set up, it can be downloaded on the right using thelink.
Note – For information on how to set up a template, a controller should read this.
Once downloaded and filled in, the completed document should be uploaded using the ‘‘ button. Add an appropriate description and click when ready.
A completed absence record may look like this: