Update: please note that in August the government announced the winding down of the furlough scheme from September 1st to October 31st 2020. Read more about this in a recent BBC article.
Our recent webinar on furlough and holiday carry over in the context of COVID-19 proved so popular that we invited back HR Director and experienced business owner Tracey Hudson (of The HR Dept) to answer your most burning questions on furlough in a special Furlough Q&A webinar!
Watch this webinar to find out more about how the rules around furlough work and how this brand new phenomenon for the UK will affect your business and staff, particularly in regards to employment law and tribunals.
Some of the questions we discuss include:
- How should a company choose who to put on furlough?
- How do car allowance and other benefits work in relation to furlough pay?
- What can staff do while furloughed that doesn't count as work?
- Can employees get other jobs while furloughed?
- How does furlough relate to maternity leave?
- How should companies deal with bank holidays for furloughed staff?
Watch this webinar on-demand
Access the recorded version of the Furlough Q&A webinar to find out more.
Note: this webinar was recorded before the UK government announced that the eligibility cut-off date for Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme extended to 19 March 2020, so some of the dates referenced may now be out of date.
Written by Camille Brouard
Camille is a Senior Marketing Executive for myhrtoolkit who writes on topics including HR technology, workplace culture, leave management, diversity, and mental health at work.