A collection of terms and concepts used with Hours Status within myhrtoolkit.
- Hours Status
- The function within myhrtoolkit that captures how a users’ working hours are delivered. The options are Fixed hours or Variable hours.
- Fixed Hours
- Where an employee has a fixed number of hours per week or a regular work roster. They may be full-time or part-time.
- Variable Hours (VH)
- Where an employee does not have a fixed work pattern and has no fixed hours per week. Their hours can vary widely from week to week.
- Part-time Percentage
- Used to capture the proportion of the standard working week that is worked by a user. It is calculated using the formula:
( Hours worked / Standard working week ) x 100
A User who works 25 hours out of 40 has a Part-time Percentage of ( 25 / 40 ) * 100 = 62.5%. A full time employee is 100%.
- Standard Full Time Holiday Entitlement (FTE) Working Week
- The standard hours worked per week by a full time employee.
- Hours per day
- The number of hours for which an employee is paid during a working day.
- Percentage accrual
- The rate at which an employee accrues leave within variable hours – applied to the number of hours worked.
- Convert full time entitlement from days to weeks. For example, an employee entitled to a statutory minimum of 28 days would convert to 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement.
- Calculate the number of weeks the employee is likely to work in a year (52 weeks in a year minus 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement equals 46.4 weeks)
- Divide holiday entitlement by weeks in work and multiply the result by 100 to get the percentage (5.6/46.4 = 0.1207). Then 0.1207*100 = 12.07%.
- FTE Equivalent
- The holiday entitlement that a variable hours employee would receive if they did the same job on a full time basis.