Pro rata entitlements may be rounded to the nearest half, or UP to the next half depending on the setting found in> .
Note – There is an additional holiday control found in> . This affects whether Bank Holidays are taken into account when calculating a leaver’s final entitlement.
This is a global setting controlled via> .
If you have this facility turned on, a new TOIL page will appear in ‘ > ‘ and ‘ > .’
If a holiday request is not approved by the starting date of the holiday the system will display additional advisory messages, and the request will remain available for approval.
There is guidance about holiday years here. Before making changes, we recommend contacting the myhrtoolkit service desk.
Whilst a manager may lead a team, their team’s holiday requests may be dealt with separately. For the manager to receive the holiday requests, they will need to be setup as a holiday manager for a group containing their team.
Note – an employee can be part of more than one holiday groups.
Managers can receive notifications about when members of their team go on holiday without being a holiday manager. This is controlled globally from> .
To see absence information, a manager needs to be an ‘Absence Manager’ (> ).
Note – To be assigned as an absence manager, the user must be a manager.
A guide to how General Absence types are set up can be found here.
If your users can not see their pay record, or managers have too much access to pay information…
- Users – Access to pay information is enabled globally, see > .
- Managers – There are three levels of access to pay information for Managers, this is controlled using
> . The options are –
- See no pay/benefits info at all
- View only
- Full access
Documentation concerning the management of disciplinary actions can be found here.
This can only be enabled by a call to the myhrtoolkit support desk.
LoginIf you are experiencing problems with staying logged into myhrtoolkit, see here.
If a user isn’t receiving notifications – holiday, document, weekly email, etc. notifications – look at these areas:
- Check their system email is correct in >
- If the issue is with weekly emails, look at > (just under the tabs on the right) >
- If notifications are not being sent out as a result of personal record updates, holidays, starters or leavers, check the settings in >
If a manager user does not have features available which they expect, it is probably a rights issue. If they can’t see —
- the ‘setup & admin’ tab
- this is only available to Controllers, see >
- the management tab
- this is only available to managers, see >
- the Employee Files tab
- this function is only available to managers, see >
- the document library tabs for uploading specific document types
- this only applies to managers – the specific tabs need to be enabled for them ( > )
Note – Other management features, such as being able to create appraisal profile, access to disciplinary records, setting up new employees, etc., are also set by a controller via> .
Holiday dates, etc. can be integrated into external calendars. A document detailing how to configure this with common calendar systems can be found here.
Initially, it will require a call to the myhrtoolkit service desk for activation.Your organisation may open up branches in new territories which may use a different currency to others, and operate different bank holidays.
myhrtoolkit is designed to accomodate these scenarios. When a location is set up, the country is set. To define the currencies and bank holiday arrangements for these, navigate to > .
- CurrencyClick the ‘International currencies’ link. For each country listed set the desired currency, remembering to use when done.
- Bank HolidayClick the ‘International statutory holidays’ link. As myhrtoolkit is a British company, bank holidays for the UK are known and fixed within the system, the dates can be viewed as needed; bank holidays for any other country your installation uses can be edited. Clicking the link will load a page where days can be added or deleted as appropriate.